Are you an experienced veterinary technician looking to sharpen your skills by working with a top-notch team in a state-of-the-art animal hospital? If so, please keep reading!
Animal Emergency and Specialty Center of Knoxville is a full-service, 24/7 hospital composed of compassionate doctors and team members dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare to companion animals and their owners. Our board-certified specialists and skilled doctors offer advanced treatments in emergency, critical care, surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, oncology, and avian and exotics. Our hospital is well equipped with state-of-the-art technology and cutting edge healthcare treatments.
We invest in our employees! We offer:
- Excellent pay
- Generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision and company-matched 401K
- PTO (Paid time off)
- Training and career development program
- Community involvement program
- The opportunity to grow your career as part of a fast growing, multi-disciplinary, multi-location group
As an emergency technician, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform treatments on hospitalized patients including the administration of medications by various routes
- Obtain vitals, blood pressure, ECG, SPO2, and other monitoring parameters
- Monitor and maintain IV fluid therapy including setting up IV fluids with multiple lines, running CRI’s, etc.
- Maintain thorough and accurate medical records
- Provide excellent client communication (particularly in regards to patient updates)
- Knowledge of common medications
- Feeding tube care and maintenance
- Placement of male urinary catheters and maintenance
- Monitor and quickly respond to changes in patient status
- Perform CPR as needed
- Apply bandages/splints regularly
- Comfortable with handling and providing nursing care of exotics including SQ/IM/IV injection
We prefer 2+ years of veterinary technician experience, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and grow, and a passion for helping animals. Licensed and unlicensed technicians will be considered. Must be available nights and weekends.
Knoxville, Tennessee is a true hidden gem. In Knoxville’s vibrant downtown scene, you will experience an abundance of live music, rich culture, eclectic shopping, award-winning cuisine, and oodles of outdoor activity. With its moderate climate, no wonder Knoxville is quickly becoming a top destination.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest. Come and help us make a difference! We look forward to hearing from you!
|Job Category||Veterinary Technician|